An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the green keeping team at Davenport Golf Club, Poynton for an Assistant/Trainee Greenkeeper. Set in 140 acres of beautiful parkland, featuring 18 holes of golf and extensive practice facilities, the club is considered one of the premier clubs in the local area.
Reporting directly to the Head Greenkeeper, you should have proven ability in a grounds care environment, be able to work well under pressure whilst being able to respond proactively to the varied requirements of a busy golf club. Attention to detail and a flexible approach, the successful candidate will have an excellent work ethic.
All construction work is carried out in house, making this an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to gain invaluable experience in construction projects in addition to regular green keeping activities.
This is a temporary contract for a set period of 6 months, starting in March 2022. Based on a minimum 40 hours per week with weekend work required, we will be offering a competitive salary based on qualifications & experience.
• Highly motivated individual, keen passion for green keeping with a productive work ethic
• Ability to work well within a team and individually
• Attention to detail in all tasks, day to day maintenance carried out to the highest standard
• Ability to carry out a variety of tasks requiring flexibility in a desired skill set
• Effective communication with colleagues, management, and members
• Smart Appearance
• NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Sport Turf
• PA1,2 and 6 Spraying certificates
• First Aid experience
• Staff uniform
• Courtesy playing the golf course
• Further education and training provided
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter, outlining desirability and interest in the position to:
Head Green Keeper,
Davenport Golf Club,
Poynton SK12 1TS
or email Secretary@davenportgolf.co.uk